Quay eyeware - QUAY AU bad quality, worse service

The first pair I bought was My Girl from Urban Outfitters. After a month of having them, I accidentally scratched the lenses beyond repair. I emailed Quay, and their response was essentially that since it was my fault, it's not their problem. I emailed UO instead, and UO allowed me to exchange them for a brand new pair!!

My next purchase I bought Highly Strung and Jet Lag. When I received Highly Strung, part of the paint on the logo had chipped off (see photo). I was disappointed but knew they wouldn't do anything about it. After a few months of having them, I used generic lens cleaner that I've used on mirrored lenses before with a microfiber cloth, on my Highly Strung lens. In the photo, you can see that some of the mirror seems to have scratched off, making it look foggy.

After the lens messed up like that, I moved onto wearing Jet Lag as my default. After a few weeks of continuous wear, I noticed the label decal that was on the left lens was broken up. It did not come to me like this. I took a microfiber cloth, and it completely wiped off of the lens completely. This made me really mad, because if they're asking $50+ for these, the decal should at least stay ON. In the picture, you can see that the label is completely gone without a trace.

I've also noticed that with all three pairs that I own, the screws or hinges on the arms get worn out really easily to the point where the arms have no push to them.

I took my complaint to their Instagram, and the next morning I wake up and find that they had BLOCKED me. I emailed their customer service and have yet to receive an email back. The way they conduct social media is extremely childish and petty.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Highly Strung And Jet Lag
Review category
Eye and Ear Care
review #890335 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Quay eyeware? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Quay eyeware. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Quay eyeware.
Filing a new complaint about